Monday, October 25, 2010

Top of the Pompidou

The Pompidou is a museum of modern art.  I am not a big fan of modern art so I didn't really want to go into the museum. What we did do is go to the top at sunset for a spectacular view of Paris.  At the top you are standing in huge plastic tubes. Some of the photos are taken through the plastic and aren't as clear as I would like.  I used the zoom for some of the photos so things look closer than they are.

Love these old buildings.

It is amazing how the Eiffel Tower towers over everything. 

 I love the juxtaposition of the old buildings and the modern La Defense area.

Sacre Couer gleaming in the setting sun.

Central Paris

Sunset 

This is a reflection in the window.

Eiffel Tower on left - La Defense on the right



Notre Dame and the Pantheon

1 comment: