Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sacurè-Coeur & Montmartre

Monday Jim and I set off on the 85 bus up to Montmartre and Sacurè-Coeur.  It was a blustery fall day with sunshine and wind. 


Here is our attempt to hold the camera and take our own photo.  Pretty cheesy.  We are sitting on the steps below the basilica where you get views of the city. 


We went inside but they don't allow photos.  I would encourage everyone to visit the basilica it has beautiful tile mosaics on the walls and ceiling.  It is one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen.  


When I was here in '08. The steps where a real party scene with everyone waiting for the sun to go down. 


.  
Everyone sits on the steps to take in the city but I like the view from around the corner.  Where you get to look under some trees and take in the Eiffel Tower and the Grand Palais. 



Montmartre is a huge tourist area and we knew better than to eat up there.  Unfortunately our empty stomachs got the better of us and we had a rather mediocre and expensive lunch.  Don't make that mistake if you come here.   We talked to a couple of Americans who raved about the cassoulet and it looked real good. All I will say is the chef was quite liberal with the salt.  I'm still thirsty 2 days later!!!



We did manage to find some quite streets for some photo opportunities.





I am enamored with the vines growing on the buildings. 
I would love to see the inside of this house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment