Monday, May 27, 2013

Vienna Day 1

After over 19 hours of traveling we made it to Vienna. I don't sleep we'll on planes so I was a mess. I had to take a nap.

This is how I felt.

As luck would have it the apartment we rented is around the corner from a huge out door food market area with many restaurants. We had a traditional schnitzel dinner then ventured out to see the town following a Rick Steve's city walk route.

Kariskirche (St Charles Church)

 

 

We walked to St Stephens Cathedral which was open. A mass was being held but people could till come in. We timed it just right. The outside walls are huge stained glass windows from the 1950s and were reflecting color all through the interior. I love this effect.

 

 

 

Schonbrunn Palace is next on the agenda. We are hoping it will be a nice day so we can enjoy the gardens. The owner of the apartment said this has been the coldest May on record.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment